Free trials are a great way to give your clients a free preview of the value that you’ll be delivering to them, without making them commit on any price-point (it’s free!).
They help your clients quickly visualise... how it’ll be like training with you on a daily basis, and whether your workout plans bring them close to achieving their fitness goals. They’re also inherently low-friction, which is the reason they help break the initial trust barrier, and help you connect with hundreds or thousands of interested leads.
The best part?
They’re also extremely scalable. All you’ve to do is create a fully automated online trial program, and link it with your website or social media page. Once the free trial program is linked, you can start onboarding leads, automatically, without lifting a finger.
[Read: How to create a group on TrainerFu]
👉🏻Pro-tip: When creating a free trial group, we recommend not to create a single group for onboarding all leads. That's because no client wants to signup for an 'one-size-fits-all' training plan, as it also doesn't bring them closer to the results that they expect to achieve.
If you plan on selling multiple training formats (and have a wide niche), we would strongly suggest creating a different group, so that you can run individual training plans for each group.
For example, if you're selling a 3-week free trial program, you can create a drip-message campaign, so that your leads will automatically get the messages from you when they signup, log their first workout, and so on. While the step is optional, we recommend not skipping it, as it helps in making client training experiences during the free trial program more personalised and engaging.
[Read: How to automatically send messages to groups]
- Step 1: Give your training package a name and description. This is what your clients will see, when they signup. We recommend being as specific as possible with the training package name & description, so that your clients have a clear understanding of what they will get when they signup. For example, if you're running a 21 Day Free Trial Program for Endurance Training, you can mention that in the training package title and description, so that your clients have clear expectations on what to expect, if they sign up.
- Step 2: Next, select the group that will be assigned to client when they signup for this training package. (As created above)
- Step 3: Select the plan template that you just created for your training plan. (As created above)
- Step 4: Next, if you're running a multi-trainer facility, you can select the trainer that'll be training the clients that signup for the package.
- Step 5: After you've configured all the above options, you'll be asked whether you wish to charge clients for signing up. Keep this unchecked for free trials, as you can always collect client payments later by creating a paid training package.
- Step 6: Lastly, select who can signup for the training package that you just defined. You can either make the training plan exclusive to new clients, or you can even allow signups only from existing clients (depending on your offer). When you're done, click on "Save" to get the package link that you can share with your clients or embed on your website.
The first step to linking your free trial is to copy the link of your training package. You'll find it here:
Click on the "copy link" button to copy the link, and then follow the steps below:
- Website: You can easily redirect your clients to your free trial program from your website. All you need to do is create a CTA button on your website for the free trial, which links to the package. To know more about how you can link the free trial with your website, follow this guide.
- Facebook page: You can also create a Facebook page or group for your free trial, and link the training group, whenever a prospect clicks on "Sign up" or "Learn More". Here's a guide that'll walk you through the process of linking your free trial with a Facebook page.
- Messaging apps: To share the challenge directly with clients through email or Whatsapp, just share the copied link with them directly via messenger apps, like, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. If the link is too long, you can use URL shortener tools like Bit.ly to create links that are easy-to-share.
- How to integrate training packages with your website
- How to configure a training package for existing clients
- Training packages - best practices for maximising conversion