What are Training Packages?
Training Packages are the easiest, simplest and fastest way to sell your personal training package to new or existing clients.
When clients signup for a training package, their account will automatically be configured with all the details so that they can start training right away:
As you can see, with Training Packages, we have integrated multiple software pieces into one nifty feature, so that you can streamline client onboarding experiences, and automate your personal training business.
Here's what a training package can do for you:
- Collect one-time or recurring payment via PayPal. You can also create free packages.
- Smoothly onboard new clients. On signup, an account will be created for new clients and they will be directed to download the app.
- Automatically add clients to groups, assign them a workout plan & trainer.
- Setup auto-messaging workflow.
How to setup a training package
Before setting up a training package, you need to answer few questions about the package. For instance,
- Which workout plan should a client be assigned?
- If you're running a multi-trainer gym, who's going to be training them?
- Which group should be assigned to them by default?
- And most importantly, how do you wish to charge your clients (one-time/recurring)?
To start using training packages:
- log on to the web app (https://app.trainerfu.com)
- Click on Menu button on the top left and click on Training Packages and Payments
Here's a step-by-step process to setting up a training package:
- Step 1: Give your training package a name and description. This is what your clients will see, when they signup. We recommend being as specific as possible with the training package name, so that your clients have a clear understanding of what they will get when they signup. If you're going to charge for the training plan, we recommend mentioning the payment schedule in the package description.
- Step 2: Next, select the group that will be assigned to client when they signup for this training package. We recommend creating a separate group for each plan, so that you can easily look them up from your trainer app.
- Step 3: If you're running a fitness challenge or online free trial, you might want to instantly assign a plan to clients on signup. You can configure this behaviour by selecting a plan template.
- Step 4: Next, if you're running a multi-trainer facility, you can select the trainer that'll be training the clients that signup for the package.
- Step 5: After you've configured all the above options, you'll be asked whether you wish to charge clients for signing up. Check this option if you're selling prepaid training packages. Keep this unchecked, if you want to collect payment at a later point. [Read: Collecting payments using TrainerFu training packages]
- Step 6: Lastly, select who can signup for the training package that you just defined. You can either make the training plan exclusive to new clients, or you can even allow signups from existing clients (depending on your use-case). When you're done, click on "Save" to get the package link that you can share with your clients or embed on your website.
Benefits of using TrainerFu Training Packages:
- Instant onboarding: You can onboard a new client and get them instantly started with their personal training by automatically assigning them the right plan, trainer & group, as per the training package that they selected on signup.
- Integrated setup: No need to use tens of different software to create an onboarding workflow. You can link the form on your website, social media page, or even share it with your clients via popular messaging platforms (WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, etc.).
- Recurring payments: Forget following up with clients on weekly or monthly payments. You can configure the payment behaviour in your training package to automatically charge your clients till their membership expires.
- Advanced workflows: You can create fully automated training workflows by combining training packages, groups and auto-messaging. In other words, as soon as a client activates a training package, they'll get their training plans, messages, and everything that's setup, auto-magically.
Please feel free to send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your questions.