- Tap on "Auto-Messaging" in the main menu to open your messaging campaigns.
- Next, tap on "Add New Message" to create your first message. You can write any message that you want to send to your clients in the message textbox. If you wish to personalise the message, include the $firstname and $lastname placeholders in your message to dynamically replace them with the actual first and last name of clients.
For example, if you write your message as "Hey $firstname ....", your clients would receive the message as "Hey John ... ", "Hey Samantha...", and so on, depending on their names.
- Once you've outlined your message, the next step is to configure the target audience. Tap on "Who will receive the message" option to select the audience that you wish to target. You can either send the message to everyone, or improve targeting by selecting groups that you wish to target. Unless you're sending a generic message or notice, we highly recommend that you restrict the targeting to a group.
- Next, tap on "When will they receive the message" to set triggers on when the message should be sent. Currently, you can configure four triggers on TrainerFu:
xx days after account creation: As the name suggests, you can define the days after which your message will be sent.
Example messages: Welcome message, login credentials, discounts & offers, etc.
xx days after joining the selected group(s): This trigger is a bit different than account creation, as it allows you to define the message to send after user is added to a group.
Example messages: Payment reminders, customised packages, periodic updates, training-specific advice, etc
After completing xx workout: This is a motivational trigger that you can configure to make your clients feel good about sticking to their workout plan. You can also use this trigger to strike conversations with your clients, and show them how much you care about helping them achieve their goals.
Example messages: "How are you feeling about the assigned workout plan?", "Congratulations for completing a 5-day streak!", "You just completed your xxx workout. Let's have an assessment, again, and refine your plan?", etc.
After not logging workout for xx days: Lastly, you can reach out to inactive clients, and nudge them to complete their workouts. It's a great trigger for building client engagement and prevent clients from losing interest in your offerings.
From the marketing perspective, #1 and #2 triggers are focused towards onboarding, #3 is directed towards building engagement, while #4 helps mitigate churn.
- Once you've set the trigger, the next step is to configure the wait time. This is the time that your message will wait, after the trigger condition has been met. The idea behind configuring wait time is that you don't want to show your clients that the message is delivered automatically.
For example, if your clients receive an automated message immediately after they complete a workout, they might feel skeptical, whether it's a personal message drafted by you. To ensure it feels super-personalised, we recommend that you provide a reasonable delay as "wait-time".
Example configuration: Wait-time of 30 minutes for workout completed message, wait-time of 3 hours for a personalised welcome message, etc.
- Next, you can also set when you want to deliver the message to your clients. This can useful in situations, where you're training a client in a different time-zone, or want to send a fitness tip or advice early in the morning, so that they can implement it thorughout the day. You can select a time-slot, when you want to send the message to the client.
[Read: Difference between wait time & delivery time]
- Lastly, you need to select the campaign that you want to assign to the message. This will not affect the message delivery, but would be helpful in categorising the messages and assign them a common goal.
Examples: Onboarding, Nurturing, Re-engagement, Workout Feedback, etc.
- Take some time to review the entire workflow you've created. When you think you're done, tap on "Add Message" to create the automated message campaign. It will now become active, and your message will be automatically sent to your clients as in-app chat messages. 🎉
- How to edit or delete clients from a group
- How to personalise group training experiences on NewsFeed
- How to create a group training plan from an existing template